All Products on this Website are sold subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Nothing mentioned in these Conditions affects your statutory rights.
- In these terms and conditions, the words and expressions below have the following meanings:
- “Conditions” means these terms and conditions.
- “Website” means The House of ANK website, www.thehouseofank.shop.
- “Product(s)” means any The House of ANK product(s). Items and Products are used interchangebly.
- “Furniture” means The House of ANK sofas, love seats, chairs, chaise longues and any other seating, ottomans, footstools and screens.
- “Upholstery” means Products that are upholstered in fabric, such as sofas, chairs and footstools.
- “Upcycled” means Products that are largely made out of second-hand products.
- “Fabric” means The House of ANK fabric.
- “We”, “us” and “our” means The House of ANK.
- “You” and “your” means the customer.
- Your order becomes binding as soon as we have accepted it. All orders are subject to availability.
- When the order is accepted and therefore binding, All title and ownership to the ordered goods will pass to you from the moment they are dispatched by us to our couriers, or on payment in full by you for the price of the goods along with any delivery charges (if applicable), and risk will pass on delivery.
- We rely on the accuracy of the information you provide. As such, please provide accurate and complete measurements/specifications for orders of made-to-measure Upholstery and made-to-order Furniture.
- You are responsible for checking and confirming you are satisfied that all details and aspects of your order are correct and suitable for your requirements and specifications, including without limitation measurements, dimensions, product features, access and delivery.
- We reserve the right to refuse to supply any individual or company.
- We provide as much information that we can about the condition of an antique or second-hand products by making pictures of the product. Please note that all antique or upcycled products have wear and tear on them. We are not able to provide you with information of all the scratches and wobbles etc of the product. Placing an order at The House of ANK is accepting this fact.
- All orders that you place on the Website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The following is required to create a contract between you and us:
- Please follow the simple on-screen instructions taking you through the process of placing an order on the website. By pressing “Place Order Now” on the “Checkout” page, you offer to buy the goods at the prices indicated and pay any applicable delivery charges.
- An order acknowledgement email will be sent to you detailing the Products you have ordered. Please note that this email is merely an acknowledgement of your order and not an acceptance or confirmation of your order by the House of ANK.
- Except for all orders, the acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on dispatch of the Products, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it. Once we have accepted your order it becomes binding, subject to your rights of cancellation. Non-acceptance of an order by us may occur if: the ordered Product is out of stock or unavailable; we identify a pricing or product description error; we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment; or if we consider the order to be fraudulent.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any Products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of: our withdrawing any Product from this Website regardless of whether or not that Product has been sold; removing or editing any materials or content on the Website; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- To be eligible to purchase Products on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must: be over 18 years of age; register by providing your real name, phone number, email address, payment details and other requested information; provide a valid delivery address (please note that PO box numbers, hotels and temporary accommodation addresses are not acceptable); and pay using a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
- We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or any other financial loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged, or wrongly delivered goods, over and above the value of the goods themselves.
- Please note that we sell on different platforms such as Etsy and other marketplaces. It may occur that a product is sold on a different platform first. We will refund your money when this happens. The House of ANK is not liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or any other financial loss or damage arising due to an product being sold on a other platform first.
- You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained on the Website is made available to you for your personal and non-commercial use, and that you may only download such material and content for the sole purpose of using the Website to a single, personal computer. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited and you agree that it is strictly prohibited to (or to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, modify, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of material and/or content from the Website without our written permission and that any of the above is a violation of our intellectual property rights.
- Antique or Upcycled products always have wear and tear on them. We capture this in pictures. The House of ANK is not responsible if minor wear and tear is not captured correctly. It is not possible to capture all of this. Placing an order is accepting this notion.
- Lamps are purchased by The House of ANK and resold with the wiring as is. The House of ANK highly recommend to check the wiring to see if it complies with your local rules and regulations.
- Candles should alway be burned with the warning card within reach. The House of ANK is not responsible for the damage and/or loss that occurs due to the negligence by the customer.
- Warning includes among other things: -Burn within sight-Keep away from children and pets-Keep away from flammable materials-Burn on a stable heat-resistant surface-Burn max 3-4 hours at once-trim wick to 5mm before each burn.
- Prices of second-hand products are not mentioned with vat since they are under the margin scheme. (EU regulations)
- Prices of other products include VAT.
- Most prices include shipping costs. The House of ANK holds the rights to change this at any times. Also to change this per product. The customer is responsible to carefully read if shipping cost is included.
- All prices are correct at the time of writing but may change due to inadvertent administrative errors or circumstances beyond our control, such as any variations to the rate of VAT.
- The House of ANK may not be able to process VAT refunds for international customers.
- You may pay using IDeal, Creditcard and PayPal. You confirm that the credit or debit card being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. There are no additional charges for using credit or debit cards. The total amount you pay is the same regardless of the payment method.
- We mainly ship within the EU. Customers outside the EU are invite to send a request for options to ship to their country. Teh House of ANK is not obliged to respond to the request. Products may be dispatched separately.
- Products made-to-order: it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the Upholstery and Furniture will fit into the home and that there is sufficient access for our delivery vehicle to reach the delivery address. Additional charges may apply in certain circumstances.
- Arranging and Completing:
- Arranging your order will take 5 – 7 days. Delivery time in The Netherlands will be within 14 days. In the rest of the EU this will be 14 – 21 days. The House of ANK is not responsible for delays by the shipping company.
- For large products such as furnishings, we will communicate through email or phone to set up the shipping. We will provide a trakcing number. The shipping companies will communicate the exact date and time. We are unable to agree specific delivery times and dates requested. The customer is responsible to provide the necessary contact information and should remain available for communication during the shipping time.
- Products must be carefully checked at time of delivery and (if needed) signed for by an adult. Any defect or damage must be reported to us immediately.
- The House of ANK will not be liable for the delay in installation caused by late or failed delivery of your items. The delivery lead time quoted in your order confirmation is an approximation only and given in good faith. We therefore recommend that decorators are not booked in advance of you receiving your goods.
A return is possible when:
– you have purchased the item without a discount.
– you contact us within 3 days after receiving the item at email@example.com.
– you pay for the full shipping costs. (shipping cost for sending the item to you will be deducted from the refund)
– you package the item in a safe way.
A full refund (minus the shipping costs) is possible when:
– We have received the item in the same state we have sent the item.
– There is nothing done to the item.
- We are unable to accept returns on items that are bespoke, personalised or made to specific measurements. This includes wallpaper (which is printed to order), fabric (which will have been cut specifically to your requirements) and all furniture (as these pieces are created specially for you).
- When returning Products, please send them to us using one of the methods detailed below, including your proof of purchase (a receipt or dispatch note).
- We ask that you take reasonable care when handling the Products and return them unopened, unused and in their original packaging where possible.
- Once Products have been delivered, you may return them within 14 days of receipt of delivery by the following methods. The customer is responsible the pay the shipping cost when they want to return a product.
- By Post or Courier:
- You may return any Products to us by post at your own cost and risk.
- Please note that we are not liable for any loss or damage to any returned Products in transit and as such, we recommend that you return any Products through a recorded delivery service.
- Please package the Products properly and securely together to ensure that the Products are not damaged in transit.
- If returned Products are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to charge you for (or refund any amounts attributable to) such loss or damage.
- If you prefer to return the Products by ordinary post, please return to: The House of ANK, Helsinkipad 51, 3067 RP, Rottedam, The Netherlands. Please obtain a certificate of posting and tracking information from your chosen delivery service as proof of postage.
- Defective Products:
- On delivery, please check the Products carefully for any possible defects.
- If you believe that any of our Products may be defective or of unsatisfactory quality, please notify us on +31 (0)6 41197703 at your earliest convenience. We will need to investigate your claim before we are able to process a return for the damaged goods, so please refrain from carrying out any work on said products (i.e. wallpapering or upholstering) prior to our inspection. Please note that The House of ANK may not be liable if this request is not adhered to..
- We ask that you take reasonable care of the Products while your claim is being investigated. Please do not return any Products which you believe may be defective before contacting us.
- If the Products are confirmed defective or mis-described, we will reimburse you for reasonable return postage costs.
- If all Products confirmed defective constitute the entire order or if all Products were faulty or damaged, the original delivery charge will be reimbursed.
- The term “defective products” does not cover wear and tear, neglect, abuse or misuse of your goods, loss or damage by fire, smoke, explosion, lighting, sunlight, infestation by animals or boring insects, theft or loss, or accidental damage caused by you or a third party.
- You recognise and agree that all copyright, database rights, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material and/or content of this Website are owned by The House of ANK or our licensors and shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
- This Website is an official website of The House of ANK. The copyright and the database rights are owned by The House of ANK. The Website and all intellectual property rights (including but not limited to rights in the website as a database) in its text, design, graphics, and the selection, organisation and arrangement thereof, together with the The House of ANK trademark and all other trademarks, logos and trade names depicted on the Website, belong to The House of ANK.
- We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was uploaded onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up-to-date as possible, the information shown at a particular time, including product descriptions, may not always reflect the positioning exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy. Please note that in the event an error is identified, non-acceptance of an order by us may occur, subject to your statutory rights.
- We will not be liable if, for any reason, our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- By granting The House of ANK the use of your content, you give us permission to reproduce, share, store and republish your image across our social media channels, online platforms (including email newsletters), print assets and third-party platforms with reference to your first name, surname and social media handles where appropriate. This permission is granted as a worldwide license in perpetuity to be utilised in line with necessary brand campaigns. The House of ANK reserve the right to edit the image and accompanying copy in line with brand creative and to remove user content at any time. House of Hackney agree to communicate any mandatory accreditations where provided. The conditions are applied to any content submitted via our online and social media competitions, email, press & marketing initiatives and our design consultation services. We reserve the right to update or amend these conditions at any time without notice. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nothing in the terms and conditions in any way limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or by fraud.
- We shall not be liable for any economic losses (including without limitation loss of profits, revenue, business, contracts, management time, data or anticipated savings), nor for any loss of goodwill or reputation, nor any indirect loss, whether arising in contract or tort (including negligence) or pre-contractual or other representations (except for fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation) or otherwise, even if advised of the probability of such damage or where it was foreseeable. Except in the event of death or personal injury, in no event shall our liability under these terms and conditions exceed the amount paid or payable by you for the Products or goods. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your rights of cancellation.
- We shall take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure. Except where we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any such amendments will take effect when posted on the Website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use the Website. Your continued use of the Website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- The website www.thehouseofank.shop is operated and owned by The House of ANK.
- Our address, and where all communications can be addressed to us, is at The House of ANK, Helsinkipad 51, 3067 RP, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Company registered in The Netherlands. KvK. 24485148. VAT No. NL001635534B17.